NEIS program in Port Lincoln, Whyalla and Port Augusta
We help job seekers to set up and operate their own small business
Are you unemployed and struggling to find work? Have you always dreamed of becoming your own boss? Take control of your future and turn your hobby/trade/skill into your own business with help from the NEIS program.
Eligible job seekers interested in self-employment and starting and running their own small business can access assistance through the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS).
NEIS provides accredited Small business training, Business advice and Mentoring for eligible job seekers for up to 52 weeks, as well as ongoing Income support for up to 39 weeks. You will be assisted with the development of a comprehensive business plan, a two-year financial cash forecast, and you will receive 12 months of mentoring on commencement of the business.
Who is eligible for NEIS?
You can participate in NEIS if you:
- are not currently employed full time or studying. You do not need to be on job seeker payments to take part in NEIS
- are at least 18 years of age at the time of commencing in NEIS Assistance
- are not prohibited by law from working in Australia
- are not an overseas visitor on a working holiday visa or an overseas student studying in Australia
- are available to participate in NEIS Training and work full time in your proposed NEIS Business
- are not an undischarged bankrupt
- have not received NEIS Assistance in the past year
Start your own business
To be eligible, your business must:
- Not be currently operating on a commercial basis
- Have an independent business structure
- Be lawful and capable of withstanding public scrutiny
- Have been assessed as commercially viable by Auctus Training and Education
- Be established, located and operated solely within Australia
- Be structured so that you maintain a controlling interest over the NEIS business for the duration of your NEIS participant agreement
All training is FREE of charge and all training materials are provided.
For further information, please contact Vicky on 1300 511 519 or 8337 4441 or on firstname.lastname@example.org
NEIS Success Story
Click on the picture below to learn more