This qualification helps people who aspire or currently are leaders looking to expand their career by better supporting and giving guidance to their team.
What you will learn
The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management will provide you with essential skills of supervision, leadership, team building, delegating and conflict resolution. You will develop effective people skills, learn how to manage and lead a team, develop priorities and manage operational plans.
Course outline & structure
We provide you with first-class training and student support while you undertake your Leadership and Management course. Our hands on industry experts share their knowledge with you validating the accreditation of this course in a practical way. Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is made up of 12 units of competency. View the packaging rules for the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management and see what core and elective units you can complete.
Career outcomes or who could benefit
At this level frontline managers provide leadership and guidance to others and take responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of the team and its work outcomes. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Leading Hand
- Team Leader.
Units of Competency
To receive the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management BSB40520 qualification the student must satisfactorily complete 12 units, of which 5 are core units and 7 are elective units.
BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
Delivery and Assessment
How we make it easy
Each learner and workplace are unique and with this in mind we tailor the learning & assessment strategies in consultation with the employer and student. We take a very practical approach and while there is some theoretical learning involved in each of the topics, the major focus is how this theory makes a difference in the workplace.
This qualification is delivered either as face to face in the classroom, or as one-on-one coaching sessions.
Our next face to face class is due to commence on 31st March 2022. Sessions will run fortnightly on a Thursday from 9.30am - 4.30pm.
In the one-on-one, blended or online mode of delivery, you can start the course at any time.
Fees and payment options
If you live or work in South Australia, you may be eligible for the subsidised training supported through WorkReady by the Government of South Australia (check your eligibility here). Please note that places are limited, so get in touch with us to find out more.
JobTrainer concession is now also available for this course. To access JobTrainer, you must be:
- Between 17 - 24 years of age and not enrolled in secondary school OR
- Not currently employed OR
- A prisoner in a South Australian correctional institution
OR If you also hold a current Commonwealth Government concession card:
- Health Care Card OR
- Pensioner Concession Card OR
- Veteran Affairs Concession Card
For further information regarding JobTrainer, please head to the Skills SA website.
- Full Fee for Service price is $3,950.
- Subsidised training is available for South Australian residents. Cost is $1,490.
- If you are eligible for the JobTrainer concession, the fee is reduced to $199.
All of the following requirements apply to enter this course:
- Must be over the age of 18 years when your course starts
- Ability to gain a national police clearance
- Complete Auctus enrolment process
- Successful completion of the Language Literacy and Numeracy assessment
- Satisfactory outcome in a suitability assessment interview
- If required, complete a CSPA assessment and/or the Upfront Assessment of Need process
- Good level of physical fitness as required by the industry
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Word)
See our Student Handbook
for further guidance or speak to our enrolment advisor.
Auctus offers a range of services to assist students to achieve their goals. Please refer to our Student Handbook
for further information.