Government Funding available
CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
This course is suitable for those who have some experience working in disability or a related field. If you want to take the next step in your career in the disability sector, this course will build on what you already know and prepare to you work in roles where you manage others. Working in the disability sector can be very rewarding and diverse, and this qualification will give you advanced skills to potentially move into a supervisory role.
For those who wish to complete the Certificate IV in Disability to advance their career in this industry, the course can be a springboard into some of the following:
- Lifestyle support officer
- Behavioural support officer
- Disability team leader
- Disability support assistant (schools)
- Project officer
- Senior disability worker
- Social educator (disability)
- Support facilitator (disability)
- Disabilities supervisor
- Disability service officer
To receive the CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability qualification, the student must satisfactorily complete 14 units of competency, of which 11 are core plus 3 elective units.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCDIS010 Provide person-centred services to people with disability and complex needs
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCDIS005 Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
Fees, subsidies and payment options
The Department of Innovation and Skills has approved Auctus Training and Education to access subsidised training for the CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability which is now available for eligible South Australians.
Please check your eligibility for the SA Government funded courses here.
Please note: government subsidised funding is not based on employment status or income means tested.
- If you are eligible for government subsidised funding, the fee is $695.
- If you hold a current concession card, the fee is $295.
- If you are eligible for the JobTrainer concession, the fee is reduced to $225.
JobTrainer concession is now also available for this course. To access JobTrainer, you must be:
- Between 17 - 24 years of age and not enrolled in secondary school OR
- Not currently employed OR
- A prisoner in a South Australian correctional institution
For further information regarding JobTrainer, please head to the Skills SA website.
If you also hold a current Commonwealth Government concession card, you are eligible for the concession rate of $295.
- Health Care Card OR
- Pensioner Concession Card OR
- Veteran Affairs Concession Card
Full course fees are $4,950.
Course Duration & Delivery
The Certificate IV in Disability will be completed over the course of 8 months.
Training will be weekly on Thursdays held in Payneham with practicals included in these study days.
Classes will run from 9.30am to 3.00pm, starting from the 30th September.
We are happy to answer all your questions in regards to the Certificate IV in Disability. Call us today on 1300 511 519 and our friendly team will assist you with all your training needs.