Self-employment - New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
NEIS program in Port Lincoln, Whyalla and Port Augusta
We help job seekers to set up and operate their own small business
Eligible job seekers who are interested in self-employment and starting and running their own small business can access assistance through the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS).
NEIS provides accredited Small business training, Business advice and Mentoring for eligible job seekers for up to 52 weeks, as well as ongoing Income support for up to 39 weeks.
To participate in the program you must:
- Be registered with Centrelink, Job Active or Disability Employment Services provider and are in receipt of income support eg: Newstart, PPS, Carer, DSP etc.
- Be at least 18 years old when you begin receiving NEIS Assistance
- Be available to participate in required training and work full time* in your proposed business
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt
- Not have received NEIS Assistance for a similar business activity
- Not have received NEIS Assistance in the previous two years.
* or less hours as allowed where someone has been assessed as having a partial capacity to work, or reduced work participation requirements, or those who are volunteers to employment services.
Start your own business
To be eligible your business must :
- Not currently operating on a commercial basis
- Independent, capable of withstanding public scrutiny and lawful
- Assessed as commercially viable by a NEIS provider
- Have the potential of operating on a self-sustainable commercial basis by the end of year
- Not based on the purchase or takeover of an existing business
- Established, located and operated solely within Australia
- Not competing directly with existing businesses, unless it can be demonstrated that there is an unsatisfied demand for the product or service, or the product or service is to be provided in a new way.
All training is FREE of charge and all training materials are provided.
Auctus provides self-employment NEIS program in North West Country SA which includes Port Lincoln, Whyalla and Port Augusta areas.
For further information, please contact Vicky on 1300 511 519 or on firstname.lastname@example.org , OR enquire online.