COVID Clean Training
This Nationally Recognised Unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions, and responding to infection risks.
This unit applies to any customer-facing worker who is in the carer industry, working in:
- Food handling
What You Will Learn
Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control.
Identify infection hazards and assess risks.
Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.
As part of the course, you will be required to perform the following in a simulated and workplace environment:
- Hand hygiene and care of hand
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Handling of waste
- Enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- Limitation of contamination
- Surface cleaning
Skills will be demonstrated and assessed in the workplace.
Be working in a role in one of the following areas:
- Carer industry
- Working in retail
- Food handling
- Transport and logistics
If completing the course in a distance education, students will need to have access to a computer and the internet.
The following topics are included in the course:
- Follow hand hygiene practices in accordance with organisations policies and procedures
- Implement hand care procedures and cover cuts and abrasions
- Follow organisation procedures for choice and use of personal protection equipment
- Follow procedures for respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Follow procedures for environmental cleaning
- Follow procedures for handling, transporting and processing linen in a manner that controls the spread of infection
- Follow procedures for disposal of contaminated waste
- Follow procedures for handling and cleaning client equipment that prevents skin and mucous membrane exposures, contamination of clothing, and transfer of pathogens
- Identify and respond to situations where additional precautions may be required to prevent transmission of infection
- Identify infection hazards associated with own role and work environment
- Identify own areas of responsibility in relation to infection prevention and control
- Assess risk by determining the likelihood and severity of harm from identified hazards
- Document and report activities and tasks that put self, clients, visitors and/or other workers at risk
- identify appropriate control measures to minimise risk in accordance with organisations procedures
- Follow protocols for care after exposure to blood or other body fluids as required
- Place appropriate signs when and where appropriate
- Remove spills in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organisation
- Minimise contamination of materials, equipment and instruments by aerosols and splatter
- Identify, separate and maintain clean and contaminated zones
- Confine records, materials and medicaments to a well-designated clean zone
- Confine contaminated instruments and equipment to a well-designated contaminated zone
Delivery of Training and Assessment
Delivery is by either distance education with self-paced learning materials or face to face one day workshop.
All activities and assessments are provided. Some project work will need to be completed as a simulation and in the workplace, which is a mandatory component of the course assessment. You will need to have access to a computer with an internet connection.
On enrolment, you will be provided with clear instructions on how to use your learning resources and how the assessment is to be completed. If a suitable workplace assessor is unavailable, we will discuss how we can support you in your workplace assessment in collaboration with your workplace supervisor.
Receiving Your Certificate
To receive a certificate for this course, you will need to have completed all of the assessment work assigned, and be found competent. Once completed, you will receive a Nationally Recognised Certificate of Attainment from Auctus.
Distance education - Contact us to enquire
Face to face - Contact us to enquire
One day 9.30am - 5.00pm
Face to face training or online delivery
Delivered by: Qualified trainer
Cost: $15 per person
*COVID Clean training is supported by the Australian Government and Government of South Australia.*